The cape is just potential, in a tapered square of less-than-fashionable fabric, until we Own Our Innate Heroic Powers and Charge It Up With the Conviction that we can Soar!
How perfectly easy and enlightening it can feel to liberate and exalt the magnificence of others. How selfless and soothing to know we have looked beyond the ego within and into the heart of another and noticed and uplifted their exceptional essence. Until, well, that moment when we suddenly experience a sinking feeling, that we have somehow traded in reverence of self for the edification of others. And tricky as truth can be, it feels just as empty to dance with our own self-importance, knowing the inevitable moment will come when the stage will cease and we will tumble off in humility.
Both negating our worth and highlighting it for accolades, condemn us to a life of sadness and questioning (and not the good kind). Why? Because it separates us from the very interconnectedness that allows us to belong, feel love, join together in flow and ebb in life’s grand play.
The truth is: Belonging starts with self-acceptance. Your level of belonging, in fact, can never be greater than your level of self-acceptance, because believing that you’re enough is what gives you the courage to be authentic, vulnerable and imperfect.
Before we can ever hope to be the Heroes of Action we long to be in the world, before we can transform bad spandex into an indestructible, stellar XG accessory, we must Step In to the hero we are. This version I am inviting you to seek in the looking glass may have you doing the double take, because the one staring back isn’t the version the world tells you you are or should be, or that your parents or partner need you to be… This YOU is all you dreamed you ARE and CAN BE. You may have to Step In to the Time Machine before you make it to the Phone Booth. Travel back to a moment when you believed you could fly, could change the world, when you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were made for magnificence, for a purpose, to make a difference in the world.
Your Mission (should you choose to accept it)
Operation Hero-Tapping …
* And remember, often the most transformational exercises appear to be the simplest. So before you think, “No, I don’t have the time.”, Give it a Go and just see what flows. Set aside 5 mins and see what insights may come, if none, well hey, you spent 5 mins dreaming instead of texting. No life lost right? Sometimes we all need a nudge don’t we just ?! 🙂
1. Write down one heroic or amazing thing you believed you could do or be as a child?
2. How did that make you feel?
3. Are you living with that sense of Awe and WoW now?
4. If YES!, awesome because you are about to expand. How can you create more of it and grow to the next level of amazing, heroic living?
5. If No, awesome because you’re about to expand. How can you shift your life to reignite that belief? What one thing can you begin today to rekindle the Awwwwesome in your ways and days?
6. And finally, take 30 minutes this week to Wake to the Wonder of You.
Write a Hero Letter to yourself, listing the ways in which your heart, desires, dreams and efforts make this world a better place. This may be tough for a few of you (okay maybe all of us), but we can’t give what we don’t got baby… so ante up. The adventure begins here… YOU opening that door, and putting that first foot into the Phone Booth. When you celebrate YOU, you celebrate us all and our collective potential to Soar, together.
See you in the Booth my Xtraordinary Game-Changers…
* Next edition join us for Tapping the Hero in the XG-ers around us* If you haven’t already done so, please sign up for our email notifications (top right corner) and if it speaks to you, share the Heroic Buzz by Liking us on www.facebook.com/thephoneboothproject or sharing on this blog post.
And for more details, you can find us at www.xtraordinarygamechangers.com
Thank you to John Hain for the amazing Hero and Meditation photos (although he asked for no recognition – well, perhaps because he didn’t ask for any) – please check out his website www.built4love.com. – Love the free and flowing love from artists like these.