In retrospect, life makes perfect sense doesn’t it? But oh in the moment, sometimes it can be blind faith, and nothing more, that keeps you holding fast to vision in hope for what you know (somewhere deep inside) you deserve.
It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it.
And in these moments of test and trial, we can either view life as a grueling experience or a wild adventure. While we can all lose our way, our drive and our stamina for moments at a time, we must be vigilant to:
- Only hold pity parties for limited lengths of time; and,
- Quickly clamber our way back to perspective to forge a way through and up.
These are qualities of the Mad Hero…
to take life’s hits on the chin and ultimately stand strong in the understanding that, somehow, someway, there is purpose in it all (even the really crazy stuff) and that some stealthy and loving force (call it what you will) is vying for our greatness.
For Xtraordinary Game-Changers such as you and I this must be our lifeblood. We may not always win, but the experiences of the moment, as they toss, turn and toil us, are not the end game. It is grace and gratitude for it all that empowers us to soar, not just for ourselves, but for the good of the world. And settling must simply NEVER be an option.
These last number of months, boy has the world turned up the heat and let loose the relentless, testing, torrential winds. And we’ve been called to ante up. (This ever happened to you?)
Shortly after us uprooting home and moving south for my husband’s dream job, the company imploded, leaving thousands out of work and school. I set aside LifeSchooling our two boys and hopped on Crisis-Communications-board to work with the Everest Canada exec team round the clock to help save it. Rallies across the province, letters to MPPs, a 500-strong march to Queen’s Park and countless pleas for a new buyer to be considered later, it fell apart and we were all left a wee bit dazed and confused.
So we bucked up and got busy, new job opps to be discovered, LifeSchool to get back too and opening up to what the world would call us to consider and where we would be called to serve next.
After a lifetime of practicing holding fast to the audacious dreams we treasure and many pillow peps talks later, we were ready to determine “What Next?”
Then came the job offers for less money and less responsibility, or
more responsibility and great money but wrong company vibe,
the second car breaking down and needing to be donated for parts,
our kitty of three years taking ill and passing, just as our boys felt the solid family life we’d built shift beneath them.
Were there moments of wonder, tears, worry? You bet, but always, always followed by deep breaths and conversations of deeper understanding and consideration of the adventures that could be… if we held out, simply held out for what we knew we deserved after working all these years in authentic service to those in our family, communities and the world.
- Got clear about our Nos and trusted the instinct to refuse when we knew the opportunity didn’t resonate with the grander vision and mission;
- Embraced our Worthiness and when we couldn’t see it in ourselves, we made sure to remind each other;
- Got busy, opening doors, starting conversations, and I got busy writing and connecting online and over the phone with kindred souls… we torn down the dam of our fears and let the flood of opportunity fill our days; and then,
- We sat in awe as all the seeds planted began to bloom and the torrents turned to sprinkles and the clouds cleared to make way for the sweet warmth of success.
Within 3 months:
- Todd turned down three jobs and has now landed a superb job as President of a College in Calgary and we are on the move. (Congratulations darling… you Rock my World and I’m thrilled you have teamed up with those who embrace your worth and you theirs);
- I turned down two client opportunities to finally live the vision of writing a book, and just published my gift, our free eBook The Mad Hero’s Manifesto. The response on social media and across the country has me fully recognizing why I was called to Suit Up in all my Madness, and how much we all can use a League of Xtraordinary Game-Changers, where we all empower one another to Soar. Thank you to all who have made this a possibility!!
- Our family is making the move back West and in two days of the job offer being signed and sealed we found a perfect little house to rent while we get settled. We are feeling the giddy gypsy vibe and a surge of abundance and gratitude as we purge and pack and embrace a new life.
All of this is possible because we believed and after years of testing and learning and not always making choices with this powerful understanding in tack, we finally Get It… (and we hope in this you are inspired and Get It too, from right where you are in your own lives!)…
If you haven’t yet claimed your copy of The Mad Hero’s Manifesto, please accept this Free Gift here. We hope, as you search and claim your WoW, that you long to do it with a League of Xtraordinary Game-Changers (just like you) who know that being Mad for life and joy and abundance and compassion and creation is much, much more fun when we are delighting and dazzling the world together!!
In celebration of the Cape and the one inside it,